How do you access the fund?

The homeowner must notify the Board by certified mail within 10 days of filing a civil complaint against the licensed builder and provide the Board with a copy of the complaint filed in court.  Upon receipt of notification from the homeowner, the Board will provide the homeowner with a copy of the Homeowner’s Recovery Fund Regulations. The Homeowner’s Recovery Fund Regulations set forth the procedure for making a claim against the Homeowner’s Recovery Fund.