Beginning in the 2022 renewal year, which begins October 1, 2021, all licensees and/or designated qualifying representatives for a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership under the age of 60 must obtain six (6) credit hours of continuing education before being issued a 2022 license.
The 2022 renewal seasons begins on October 1, 2021. To avoid delays in the issuance of the 2022 license, licensees should complete the six (6) hours continuing education before October 1, 2021.
Licensees should complete the six (6) hours continuing education on or before Nov. 30th to avoid a fifty ($50) administrative late fee.
- At least two (2) credit hours each year must come from an Alabama specific course.
- The providers will notify the Board when you have completed continuing education.
Click here for a complete list of approved providers, instructors, and courses.
- Military who were activated/deployed for 90 consecutive days during a licensure year
- Licensee submitting renewal application for the first time.
- Licensee experiencing a personal hardship (Must be approved by Continuing Education Committee).
- Licensee who has taught continuing education approved by the Board.
- Inactive licensees. Six (6) hours continuing education must be completed to return to active status.
- Licensees who will be 60 by October 1st.
The age exemption must be claimed by September 30, 2021.
Click here to download the Continuing Education Age Exemption Form.