How do I file a complaint?

The Home Builders Licensure Board was created to protect the public from unqualified, incompetent and dishonest home building contractors and remodelers who provide inadequate, unsafe or inferior building services. Click here for a Consumer Complaint Form to be downloaded and completed or contact the Home Builders Licensure Board’s Office of Compliance and Consumer affairs at 1-800-304-0853 to request a form.  The original completed form, along with any supporting documentation, must be mailed to the Home Builders Licensure Board, P. O. Box 303605, Montgomery, AL 36130-3605. The Board must receive an original, signed and notarized form before processing any consumer complaint. For more information about the complaint process, click here.