How can I get my money back from an unlicensed builder?

The Board cannot order a licensed builder or an unlicensed builder to repay or refund money to a homeowner. If a homeowner believes he should be compensated for damages caused by a licensed or unlicensed builder, he should contact an attorney and discuss the legal options available under the circumstances.