Ala. Code (1975) § 34-14A-4 provides that the Board shall meet at such times as the chair may designate. In compliance with the Alabama Open Meetings Act, Ala. Code (1975) § 36-25A-1 et seq., all regular meetings of the Board are open to the public. The Board is authorized to enter into executive session as provided in Ala. Code (1975) § 36-25A-7. Meetings are generally held at 10:00 AM, unless noted otherwise, at the Board’s office located at 445 Herron Street, Montgomery, Alabama. The Board generally meets monthly except during the month of July.
- January 24, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- February 28, 2019
- March 28, 2019
- April 25, 2019 at Home Builders Association of Alabama Offices, 7515 Halcyon Summit Drive, Ste 200, Montgomery, Alabama
- May 30, 2019 at Alabama Department of Transportation, 1409 Coliseum Boulevard, Montgomery, Alabama
- June 27, 2019 at Alabama Department of Transportation, 1409 Coliseum Boulevard, Montgomery, Alabama
- July 24, 2019 at Home Builders Association of Alabama Offices, 7515 Halcyon Summit Drive, Ste 200, Montgomery, Alabama
- August 22, 2019 at Alabama Department of Transportation, 1409 Coliseum Boulevard, Montgomery, Alabama
- September 26, 2019
- October 17, 2019
- November 21, 2019
- December 19, 2019
At regularly scheduled Board meetings, the Board may provide comment periods for citizens and officials to speak and to offer input and comments on items/subjects deemed to be appropriate under the Board’s jurisdiction. The remarks of each speaker shall be limited to no more than three (3) minutes, unless the Chair extends the time, and no more than two (2) speakers may be heard on each subject unless authorized by affirmative vote of all members of the Board who are present.
Persons who wish to be placed on the Board’s agenda should contact the Board’s office at 1-800-304-0853, and ask for a “Request to Appear on Board Agenda” form. Each person wishing to address the Board must submit a completed “Request to Appear on Board Agenda” form and state the subject matter about which he or she wishes to speak. The form must be signed and submitted to the Board prior to the beginning of the Public Comment portion of the agenda.
Any citizens wishing to make written comments may provide those to the Executive Director before the conclusion of the meeting. A copy of the written comments will then be provided to the members of the Board.
Members of the public shall not have communications, either directly or indirectly, in person or by writing, with any Board Member on any disciplinary action proceeding that is pending before the Board.
The Board is authorized to enter into executive session as provided in The Alabama Open Meetings Act (Act 2005-40).